Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The rules of the game...

I have played a lot of games in my life as have most people. And I have won more times than I have lost. I have occasionally cheated, been cheated and even disqualified! Why? Because I either broke the rules or someone else did.


Because I like games so well, I often think of business as a game. But who makes the rules? And who keeps score? Oh, there are some basics things that are always true...those with the most power and influence and money win most of the time. And because everyone likes a winner, others spend a great deal of time wanting to be like them. New products and services are designed and developed in an attempt to get into the game that only a few can play. The rules are made and the score is kept by those in this group. If the product or service I have doesn't work here, then this is not the right place to play.

Albert Einstein wrote "Your have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

Then what are the rules? Simple...work with those who need what you have. I am having to learn that. I know that an apartment dweller doesn't need replacment windows and a billionaire won't be interested in my 2004 Lexus with 185,000 miles. I am hoping to find a business owner who is trying to figure out how to utilize the overseas market for fulfilling the demand for his/her product but doesn't have the first clue how to get started. Or perhaps there is an established company that needs a new set of eyes for designing a product line or trade show display. Even if I have to give the information away for free, I'd rather do that than keep it to myself.

That's what makes Christmas such a great time for those of us who understand it's real meaning! We just have to share it...for free...because it is too amazing to keep to ourselves!

Bernie

No comments:

Post a Comment